feet

feet

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Throwback

From Greece and me having a boyfriend to going on a first date:
It's actually not that dramatic. We got back from Greece and in typical teenage fashion I dropped the boyfriend and saw Spencer that day. Was he sitting pining for me? Waiting for me to call? Dreaming of my long blonde hair and killer tan? Nope, he totally blew me off. Are you kidding me? I had just broken up with my boyfriend to get blown off? He called back and apologized and we worked out the details for seeing each other that night (we went and got ice cream and my cousin Abigail came too, but it was cut short because I had lied to my Mama and she busted me) and then also for our first date.
This is where I found out for the first time that Spence had LIED. In order to go on said date, I had to pick him up. Why did I have to pick up a guy who had said he was 16? Oh, because he wasn't 16. So, I went and picked him up and we had dinner and went to see Dr Doolittle. And we went dutch (he was only 15, how was he gonna pay for anything it's not like he had a job). AND we had our first kiss, right there in the Burlington movie theatre with Eddie Murphy big as life on the screen. Seriously one of the most romantic moments of my life, ever. That sweet first kiss is one of the books. The date ended with us driving around Gibsonville and listening to the radio. We totally knew it was meant to be when we heard "When you say nothing at all" by Alison Kraus, followed by "I don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith. To be 16 again and feel all mushy about a song.
Audience participation time: what was your "song" with your high school boyfriend?

4 comments:

Kim Tapp said...

I didn't have a high school boyfriend, but I had a high school guy-I-was-in-love-with-who-was-a-player-and-strung-me-along. The song I ALWAYS played and pined after him was Be With You by Enrique Iglesias (and also anything else by Enrique I.). Oh and also, Pray for Me by Michael W. Smith was brought out for every breakup, including in college. :)

Lauren said...

Heh, I didn't have a high school boyfriend, but I had decided that if I ever did, I was NOT going to share a Dave Matthews song with him because I liked DMB so much that I wasn't going to let a boy ruin a song I loved if he broke up with me :)

The Good Family said...

This might tell you too much about mine and Brian's past... too funny... KRS-One "Step into a world"... Really, don't ask! Ha!

Bobby and Brooke said...

Haha! Good question! I have lots of songs that I hear that take me back to high school and specific moments throughout that period...but I honestly can't remember "our song"...but that's probably a good thing! ;)