This is Zeke's second verse. He loves memorizing and gets so excited when I ask him to say his verse. He is even asking for a new one (this could partially be because he insists he needs 3 of everything and only has 2 verses, ha) Stay tuned for July's verse once he gets it down.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
You can also see more about what our church's heartbeat is for orphans here.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Confession: I have passed my love onto the boys. Zeke's fave way to eat it is by dipping mini Nilla wafers into a scoop. Ben's fave way is just all over.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Each month at church, the preschool department has a verse they work on. Zeke started going in January to the giraffes class. We love him going in the preschool area. He gets to go to worship and a large group lesson (with all the preschool), as well as having his class time with the kiddos his own age. In May, I worked with him on memorizing his verse for the first time. He learned it in 3 days (but I just got around to recording it).
Our prayer is that he will hide the Word of God in his heart. We are not trying to teach him this so that he can rotely repeat, but so that once he is older and can grasp his sin and God's grace in Christ dying for those sins that he will choose to give his life over to the Lord.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Roasting and toasting
Saturday, June 18, 2011
"But wait", you say... "Aren't your kids 2 months shy from turning 3 years old and 20 months?" Why yes I reply, but this is how we roll in our house (against, my wishes, anyone who knows me knows sleep is my bff).
"Why, Courtney, pray tell how did you get them to sleep?" Oh, it was no big deal, we just played at a park on blow up things all-morning-long, didn't take good naps and then went to the pool until past bedtime. And no, I can't do that everyday, so don't EVEN think of suggesting it.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Ben is 4 months from turning 2. This is a bit crazy for me to think about. I still think of him as such a baby, but he constantly reminds me that he isn't. He keeps us on his toes and we love everyday with him! Currently he:
Enjoys: all things water, all fruit, reading, and going anywhere all the time
Turn-offs: being told no, veggies and not too much meat, when mommy won't hold him
Vices: tackling Zeke, waking up OFTEN-THROUGH-THE-NIGHT still, throwing everything
Strengths: shares pretty well with others, willing to try new experiences, lights up when he sees his family
Favorites of my 20 month old:
Food: all things fruit, any snacks
Shows: likes the characters from Toy Story and Cars, but doesn't really watch the movies
Books: no favorites right now
Toys: torpedo (for the pool), cars, coffee pot and oven mitt from play kitchen
Activities: any water activities, rolling cars, sitting on lawnmowers at Lowe's
How Ben is currently like his:
mommy: wakes up so cranky!
daddy: has the BEST smile
Zeke: in every way he can be, he is in ultimate copycat mode
Scoliosis update: we have Ben's recheck with the pediatric orthopedic surgeon TODAY at 8:45. You can be praying for this appointment for us. And also, check back for an update.
Update: Ben doesn't have to go back for a year!! The doctors were all great and we are so thrilled with the news!
Treasuring moments I don't want to forget:
- Ben is still quite fiery in personality. He knows what he wants and lets you know this as well. One of his most frequent requests is to be outside.
- He has no fear of water. It can be a bit unnerving. He tries to blow bubbles in the tub or pool, he dumps water on top of his head, he dunks his head under the faucet. He is only cautious of the sprinkler, but doesn't seem to mind the fountain at the pool, weirdy
- He loves babies and points them out everywhere we go. This is so bittersweet for me. I have wondered how he would be around babies and seeing that he loves little bitties is so sweet. On the flipside, once they hit about 6 months he doesn't like them so much...
- He has sat on the potty about once a day for the past few days. He tells us as soon as he poops and wants to be changed. I am thinking potty training will be sooner than I had originally thought.
- He tries to count when we play hide and seek and actually can get the order pretty well.
- He is also trying to say the sounds of the alphabet and tries to sing the song.
- He learned last months verse along with Zeke (Z's first one, video coming soon). He doesn't actually say it but can get a couple words and does the motions.
- He loves to sing and likes to go to worship time with Zeke at church.
- Ben has begun to start those wonderful 2 year old tantrums. But weirdly he obeys when told to stay in time out until he has finished crying.
- He still is clingy with mom. He follows me around the house saying "hold you, hold you, hold you". Mama, I guess this is my payback for the tantrums I gave you.
- Ben fell in love with his extended family over the last month. He has always recognized and enjoyed time with them, but things have evolved. After staying for a week with YaYa and PawPaw and then a beach trip with Nana and Bampa. He is constantly asking where they are and trying to call them on toy cellphones.
- He also loved spending time with his aunts and uncles. His Uncle Rik and he became buddies while playing on the farm