Sunday, July 24, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
Playdate Jan 09
Keva summer of 10
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Saturday, July 9, 2011
1. He is the first person I want to see in the morning and the last person I want to see before I got to bed.
2. He is the most fun person I have ever been around.
3. He encourages me in every way, with the boys, with my cooking/keeping home, being his wife, my walk with Christ.
4. He is great at his job. Like really great. He has such a passion for making disciples of Christ. He has been shown great blessings in the area of small groups. This past year, he has spoken at a few conferences, counseled many other churches on their small group ministry, and written two small groups studies that will be published and sold by Lifeway in the fall.
5. He is an amazing dad. He gets up with our boys every.single.morning. Really? Who does that and lets their wife sleep another hour and a half (because our sweet Ben is an early riser)
6. He makes so many sacrifices for our family. He works really hard so that I can stay home with our boys.
7. The man gets HOTTER every stinking year. I mean when we met (at 15 and 16 years old, yeah, we have been together for 13 years. Go ahead "awwww") he was A-D--O-R-A-B-L-E. When we got married I thought he was handsome of course. But now... holy moly girls I got a good one!
Spence, I love you and I am so blessed by the life that we have together. I know that there are days when I am not as thankful as I should be, but please know that I love you and our life so much. You are my most favorite person. I love you always and forever.
Friday, July 8, 2011
A lil snug (supposed to be Ben's monkey costume from last year)
Thursday, July 7, 2011
- Enjoys: throwing balls, art activities, reading books, wearing sunglasses, waking before the sun, being outside
- Turn-offs: being told no, sharing with Zeke, not getting what he wants
- Strengths: super talkative, great napper, physically strong (we call him our Army Ant)
- Vices: temper tantrums when we don't understand what he wants, bossy, still wakes during the night
- Foods- any fruit, most recently watermelon, any snacks, french fries, quesadilla, pizza
- Songs- he has started singing "Hosanna" from our church songs cd, he likes when I sing "Mama said knock you out" (he just doesn't realize how close this is to the truth sometimes)
- Shows- Little Einsteins (but only because Zeke loves it), Tinga Tinga Tales
- Books- any book Zeke wants, and all the library books
- Toys- cars, baseballs and bats, golf clubs and balls
- Activites- going to the bookstore, going swimming, checking plants with daddy
I don't think he really has any new words, but he is saying some really fun things. He cheers himself on when he does something by saying "Yay, Ben!" He sometimes call to me or Spence 'Hey, babe? Hey, babe?" He loves to pray and insists on praying at meals and at bedtime often.
How Ben is like his:
mommy- wild mood swings
daddy- morning person, loves all sports
brother- he likes anything Zeke likes
Treasuring details of a 21-month-old Ben:
- I am complimented every week when I pick him up from his church class. We are told how laid back and sweet he is. Also, babysitters tell us how easy-going he is. This comes as quite a shock to us since we don't always get to see this side of him.
- He is getting better about leaving his paci in his bed with out a fight. We have been working on having it only at nap and nights with the hope of getting rid of it by his birthday
- He is really having a hard time making choices. He goes back and forth between his options and refuses to decide. This is really frustrating for us, but I know it is part of his becoming independent
- He attempts to name shapes, colors, letters and numbers. This becomes a problem for him when Zeke begins yelling to correct answer.
- He is still a peanut (wearing 18 month clothing, but even some 12 month stuff), but he has grown some. He bumped his head under our table- which of course is how we measure our children.
- He has gotten really good with utensils at meal times and asks for a fork or spoon
- He is trying really hard to go to the potty. He sits on it a few times a day. He even pooped in it the other day. He stands up to the potty while Zeke goes and pretends that he is using it too.
- He really enjoys his food, but doesn't like when it is time to clean up and throws up a fuss about it.
- He loves all things water and being outside and is quite creative with his play. He actually leads Zeke with playing in this way. But he does follow Zeke on all things pretend play. He runs after Zeke being a racecar, boat, lion or whatever it may be that day.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Friday, July 1, 2011
I didn't get any pictures taken during the week as we moved from games to lesson to craft and to snack. I also didn't get any pictures of Matt Allison sporting wings and a tutu.
But I did get a couple pictures at the last day when we went to a park and there were tons of bounce houses. The boys had a blast, I didn't really enjoy crawling through the houses chasing them to be sure they got through a couple :) The boys enjoyed their first snocones and first cotton candy. And Ben enjoyed showing off his muscles after he spilled said snocone all-over-himself.