Thursday, September 29, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Zeke kept saying "Wow, here it comes!" each time the sea lion swam by
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- The excitement outside before we even got into the stadium was contagious
- The weather couldn't have been better
- We LOUDLY proclaimed the gospel in the center of our city
- I worshipped while holding Benjamin in my arms and holding Ezekiel's hand. I tear up now thinking of how my prayer is that one day our boys and our growing baby will be in heaven with Rae worshipping Jesus.
- We were led in worship by all our worship leaders and it was beautiful.
- I had no one sitting around me that I typically go to church with, Summit En Espanol and Cary campuses around me.
- I heard praises being sung to our Savior in Spanish behind and beside me while Raudel the Spanish campus pastor led worship
- We saw parents, children, husbands, wives, long time church attenders, college students, former Hindus and Muslims baptized (one of which came that morning as a Muslim in full garb and heard and accepted God's grace)
- We sat and ate hotdogs and fries while watching the last few people getting baptized (not typical I know, but two kids and pregnant girl were DYING for food)
- Over 1000 people helped to set up and tear down in order for us to have church in a ball park- this was one of the most amazing things for me, just knowing the sacrifices that people made for the sake of others getting to hear the gospel
OK, onto the pictures:
We could hear the music bing played from the parking deck. The crowd counted down for the gates to be open and then people flooded into the stadium
As people fond their seats, our campus pastors did a little sumo wrestling. Danny almost died
Two of the pastors showing their mad sumo skills
Super cool pic from homeplate
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
When I first heard that our church was doing church at the ballpark, I thought it would be a great opportunity to invite our neighbors. I wanted to get the boys involved and be cute with the invites. Summit gave us inviter cards so that part was taken care of and I decided the boys and I would make cookies. We invited our neighbors to join us at the ballpark and I'll just keep my fingers crossed they will talk to me the next time we see each other over the fence ;)
Saturday, September 17, 2011
My arms ache. My heart hurts. It truly feels like something is missing. I'm not sure you can understand it. I don't really understand it myself. While I am so thankful and blessed with our two boys and with our baby that is growing right now, I can't help but still be sad for our baby waiting on us in heaven. (yes, at times I even feel guilt for missing Rae while I am pregnant again) Please do not take this as I am not healing from our loss. I am. I really am in such a great place. I haven't been angry with God at all. I am anxious for Christ's return. I am ready to be in heaven worshipping our God who gives and takes away. Who works everything for His glory and for my good.
Truly, I would not wish this on anyone. But through this experience I have gained closer friendships. I have gotten to know God on a level that I had never known. My husband has become more than I ever imagined. I love him in a way I can't even begin to explain. I value our two boys so much. Even on the bad days, at the end of the night I peek in their rooms with tears in my eyes at how much I just love them. I have met people and been ministered to by people I have never even met. I have been blessed to be able to share our story, and even better, how we fit into God's bigger story.
So, it is September. And I may be a little sad at times this month. But I want to let everyone know we are still working through our loss. I still cry often. I still wonder what our life could have been like right now if things had gone differently. But the most important thing is that I still have hope.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
If traveling, remember turn around, don't drown.
YUP! That is what scrolled across the screen during all the crazy weather last week. Seriously, we are in like the smartest area of the US.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Profile of a 23 month old:
- Interests: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, anything outside, asking as many questions as possible
- Enjoys: tackling/playing football with daddy and Zeke, eating snacks, reading books
- Turn-Offs: being disciplined in any way, being away from mama or mama not meeting his needs to his exact expectations
- Vices: Stingy- told some big kids (as in 5 and 6 year olds) at the playground they couldn't get on the slide the other day
- Strengths: loves fiercely, big helper
Favorites of an almost...nope can't say it yet... Favorites of a 1 year 11 month old Ben:
- Foods: any fruit, snack, sweet
- Songs: Jesus Loves Me, ABCs, Wheels on the Bus, Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Shows: he will actually sit for a Tinga Tinga Tales, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Dinosaur Train now
- Books: any library book or book that Zeke is holding
- Toys: really into stuffed animals- sleeps with a stuffed Mouse, Monkey, and GloWorm, cars, and kitchen stuff
- Activities: anything outside or with dad
He has become such a talker lately. He sings full songs now. He talks in complete sentences. He asks a zillion questions all.day.long. He wants to know what song is on, who is talking, what color something is, etc. He constantly repeats Zeke (with Zeke's prompting often).
How Ben is like:
daddy: morning person, sad for mommy
mommy: temper, temper, temper
Zeke: brilliant- he knows his colors, he knows a lot of shapes, is working on his letter sounds and recognizing letters, and tons of other things
Treasuring details I don't want to forget:
- Melts.my.heart by running over hugging me and saying "I love you, mommy"
- Adores Zeke and wants to be with him at all times
- hates when Spence leaves to go to work and tries to stop him
- is crazy about Sarah Carver (Summit kids Staff extraordinaire + mommy's friend)- he told me yesterday he loves her and kept asking where she was when we were home
- Screams like a banshee, and when he does this I have started to send him outside, he goes and stands on the porch or driveway and screams until he is ready to come back inside
- really into pretend play already
- is telling me to change his diaper (so I am gearing up to get ready for potty training)
- he is mischevious, recently he figured out how to climb up our chairs and onto the island to get something he wanted
- he doesn't really want to sit in his booster high chair, but in a "big boy" chair like Zeke
- I love when I ask him something and the way he says "I don't know", I need to video this because it is so darn cute
- I'm not sure how much longer I can hold Spencer off on cutting his hair, but I am in love with his curls that pop up all over
Friday, September 2, 2011
So, here is my question for you: Who do you do life with? Who are the people who know what's really going on with your marriage? Who do you want to hang out with when you have free time? Who do you call when you need someone to pray for you? If you don't have these people in your life and you go to Summit, check out GroupLink at your campus this weekend and next.