feet

feet

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

She cooks

Can you believe it! I know, right?! I have in the past few months gotten much more into my role here in the home. I take my job seriously and think that it includes not just getting by. I have started couponing to help with our budget and I am working on preparing healthier meals for our family. This week I jumped right out there with something that I have never done, I bought a whole chicken after Lauren told me she had done it. I figured, hey if she can so can I. And after only a slight mishap and one curse word after dropping the whole thing in my oven (UGH, the mess, and sorry Brooke for my tongue slip and then hanging up on you), I roasted it one night Then I made chicken pie another night and chicken and dumplings another! Yes, that is 3 meals for a $5 chicken.
And to make things even better, my boys L.O.V.E.D. those meals. It did my heart serious good to have Spence praise me in my efforts. I have been having a bit of a "poor me" period over all of this sickness/not sleeping for going on 2 years now, but that's another post for another time. And Zeke, oh sweet mercy, just check out the pictures and video. Ben just laid in his bouncy chair, but I am pretty sure he would have loved it too.

You can't even tell I dropped it!


Say what, is that something green that you are going to eat Courtney?

Insert angelic music

He couldn't push in the potatoes fast enough, so Spence found another solution:

Yeah, we are those parents





6 comments:

Move In Ready Home! said...

Go Courtney, go Courtney, go Courtney....If you can get over the gizzards and the neck, it's not that bad! Martha and Paula would be proud :) (Stewart and Dean that is)

Catherine said...

Wow, Courtney! I'm impressed! I have never bought anything besides boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I've been tempted to try the whole chicken deal... I'm a little too intimidated though.

Bobby and Brooke said...

Wow! Way to go Court!!! I am proud of you and jealous...one day I'll step it up on day soon! :)

PS Feel free to invite me over for that meal any time! ;)

Jeremy Wickersham said...

Wow...we've got Spence farming one cucumber per season and now this? What's going on in the Shelton household? Great job Courtney.

The Schreibman Family said...

Delicious, beautiful and nutritous! You should share how you made the chicken. Yummm!

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Forget Martha and Paula.. they're amateurs... Your mama is proud...