feet

feet

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Throwback

I thought it would be fun on Thursdays to give you a bit of history. If you want to know something, feel free to post a comment and ask. It can be about anything, mine or Spencer's story of coming to know Christ as our Savior, info about us going to college, embarrassing stories about us growing up, no topic is off limits.

So, here is the first "Thursday Throwback". How Spence and I met. The trip:
The summer of 1998, Spencer and I both went on a school history trip to Greece. Prior to this trip, he and I did not know each other. We went to the same small high school, had many of the same friends even, but had never crossed paths. (Our mothers had even served together on the PTA) I met him the day we left for the trip when our group took a picture in the airport. At that time, he was just a weirdo with a frosty who ended up beside me in the picture. As the trip progressed, Spence and I kept pairing up. When we went anywhere on the trip where we could break up into small groups, each group had to have a guy and an adult. Spence and I paired up and his mom tagged along to chaperone. Pretty soon we were finding reasons to hang out. We had a blast touring Greece together. BUT we left the trip just friends and not knowing what would happen once we got back to the States since I still had a boyfriend back home...



No comments: