feet

feet

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Big boy bed

For Christmas, Nana and Bampa got Zeke his big boy bed. After seeing this bed at my cousin's house, I knew it was the perfect bed for our family. The bed can be flipped over to become a loft bed. The loft part is pretty low though. The frame only goes up to my shoulders. This way once Ben is ready to move over, we can flip the bed, throw a mattress on the floor for B and have bunkbeds!
Spence and I went to Ikea the week before Christmas. We were in awe of that place, but were really good about getting exactly what we went for and nothing else. But boy did we look (our eyes are set on this sofa next). We set up the bed and Zeke slept it it for the first night on Christmas Eve. He did fall out of it once, but went right back to sleep when I crawled in with him. We also did a total rearrange of his room and are loving the set up. He is so proud of his "big boy bed that dada built with logs". We know this because we overheard him telling Doc Hudson when he was supposed to be napping ;)


Zeke thought every hole needed a screw or nail in it

In the process

Almost finished!

Finished bed

Trying it out

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is one of two beds that I've been eyeing on ikea.com. Love it!

Kristin said...

Yay! I'm glad you got it for them! I know our boys love it.

Cyndi - YaYa said...

ahhh.. big boy bed.. and Spencer put it together? hmm... hahah