feet

feet

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I thought I wuold just take a minute to reflect on what I am thankful for this year.  I'm not going to do a huge post, but I did want to acknowledge this year with thanks.  We have had quite a year and I just wanted to write down a couple of our blessings:
  • Spencer
  • Zeke
  • Ben
  • Rae
  • Our new baby girl coming in February
  • Family
  • Summit
  • Friends who walk through real life together
  • Our neighborhood/neighbors
  • Being able to stay at home
  • My van (I know so materialistic!)
  • Spence's increase in writing/speaking stuff (even though it's made our lives crazier it's cool seeing him do stuff he is passionate about)
  • Small group
This is obviously just a little list of what's in my heart, but I want to be sure that when I look back over 2011, I don't only think about things we lost.  We have suffered tragedy this year, but we have also continued to see God's hand through out our lives.  My hope for you is that you can find joy even if you are in the midst of sorrow.  Our real joy doesn't come from anything listed up there.  It comes from the one thing I don't just want to throw into a list.  If you want to talk more about what that is I would love to share how was can look back on this year with a sense of thankfulness.

No comments: