feet

feet

Friday, October 8, 2010

Aftermath Cd Review



I have been given the privilege, along with a few others, of reviewing a CD that is due for release November 9, 2010. Jonathon Edwards works up at the church with Spence and he is great friends with the Atwoods. We have gotten to know Jonathon a bit over the past couple years, and are so proud of him.

I remember the first time I heard him sing. I was very impressed. For those of you that know me, you know that I am not in any way musically inclined. I can't sing, play anything, or even pick out what instrument is being played in a song. BUT what I do know is that I like what I like. And I really like Aftermath The Aftertaste of Abandonment. The only reason it has come out of the CD player in my car is because I have a 2 year old who demands to hear "The B-I-B-L-E" on a regular basis.

The CD is by a guy who is unashamedly a Christian. But this isn't your everybody-hold-hands-feel-good CD. This CD gets into the heart of being abandoned. It speaks on the emotions behind that and how you deal with it. The songs talk of the depth of those emotions. Unlike other CDs, Jonathon didn't feel like he had to leave you all warm and fuzzy with a big dose of "How Great Is Our God". (Nothing wrong with that song, we sing it at church often and love it, just used here as an example) Instead he leaves you with a song that you can interpret.

This is a CD that you can share with your friends who are not Christians and they will not be turned off by cheesy lyrics that they can not relate with. They will get to hear a guy who is a Christian and searching for answers to some of the same questions they have. He clearly answers the biggest question in his album cover. He points you straight to the One who will never abandon you. Jonathon directs your attention to the One who will never leave you.


Details you need to know right now:

1. The CD releases November 9, 2010 on iTunes and amazon.com

2. There is a release show November 19 at 7 pm at The Summit Church 2335 Presidential Pkwy Durham, NC 27703 featuring Jess Ray & the Ragtag Army, Jordan Sasser, and Daniel Renstrom.

3. You can check out Aftermath to download a free song

4. You can friend Jonathon on facebook or follow him on Twitter @myglassesrfake


Put these dates on your calendar, and I will remind you also when we get closer :)

1 comment:

The Landis Family said...

Is the release show at The Summit?