feet

feet

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Down on Paw Paw's Farm

For those that don't know a lot about me premarriage/babies/etc, you probably don't know that I was born and raised on a beef cattle farm. My dad actually has lived on the same land his entire life. The farm has changed quite a bit since I was little. It used to be tons of acres with lots of cows, goats, chickens, pigs, a donkey, turkeys, guineas, and even a couple peacocks. Now, stupid townhouses have moved next door, the cows, goats, turkeys, and guineas are gone. BUT there are still a few farm things and some new additions as well. We went to Whitsett a couple weeks ago and Zeke got his first farm tour.



My older brother has added bees to the farm, yummy honey

Zeke on Pawpaw's tractor. I can't wait to show him a real tractor!

My neices got chicks for Easter

Soon we will be getting our eggs from here and not the store

Aren't they cute!

This little piggy went to market

this little piggy stayed home
this one had roast beef, and this one had none
And this one went wee, wee, wee, all the way home!

Zeke totally would have petted these suckers if we had let him

2 comments:

Cyndi - YaYa said...

oh how sweet.. I sure wish he could experience what you did ... maybe one day we'll add a cow to the mix...

Kristin said...

I remember the farm. I can't believe how much it has changed since we were little! Sometimes I miss the old days! LOL