feet

feet

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Date Night

Spence and I have instituted our date nights again. When we first got married we dated every Friday night. Everyone we knew, knew not to try to do something with us on a Friday because we always reserved those nights for each other. Since having the boys, our dates have become fewer and farther between. It's just a lot more work to have a date (not that it isn't worth it, but if we have to pay a sitter and then pay for the date things can add up quickly). I have been reading this blog and loved the idea of dating at home. Spence and I started in March. Our rules are: We are taking turns on planning by month- I did March and he is doing April (notice I took the odd months and gave him the even, MC girl at heart). We can't go out more than once a month (but are trying not to go that much). We can't spend more than $30 on the date. We have been having a lot of fun. This past Friday's date was Minute to Win It! If you haven't watched this show yet you gotta! Here are some videos of how things went down:

Intro to our date night with host Spence Shelton:


Courtney plays Face the Cookie:


Spence plays Dizzy Mummy:

7 comments:

The Schreibman Family said...

I love you two.. this is the greatest. I think we are going to have to implement something like this!

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

You guys are funny, I'm glad you shared this...We're so going to do this!

Pam said...

That is so funny that we posted about it randomly on the same day! Can't wait to see your ideas (and steal some...hehehe!)!! This looked like a fun date night!

Move In Ready Home! said...

Y'all are nuts! But that's why I love ya ;)

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Only you 2.. you make me smile!!

Chris and Melody Harrell said...

that's hilrious! what fun!

Unknown said...

haha that was cute