feet

feet

Friday, July 17, 2009

Mom of the Year award nominee..

Please note the sarcasm. After you read what happened you wouldn't vote for me either. Zeke and I were sitting in a chair in the kitchen on Friday while my dad and Spencer were tyring to repair our backdoor lock. Zeke has gotten extremely wiggling and I was not holding him as well as I should have been. He was spinning and reaching for the cabinet and slipped out of my hand. The results were a bumped head against the countertop, blood and a couple bruises. I am a bit encouraged that we made 11 months without any serious injury, and this was definitely not serious. It just really upset me the see my sweet boy bleeding and because it was his head it bled. He was so upset and it definitely broke my heart. I know all you mother's of boys are telling me to get used to it. I know that, but I can be like this over the first injury.
I don't think this would have been quite so crazy if we hadn't had a scare earlier. Zeke was down for a nap, and Mama, Daddy, Spence and I were downstairs. We heard a big bump upstairs. Spence and I immediately thought Zeke had fallen out of his crib. We have lowered his crib once, but definitely needed to lower it more. After Spence raced up the stairs, and I fell up them. (I have bruises to show for it- yes, please do picture the big pregnant lady falling up the stairs, while trying to hang up the phone- sorry Keva for the yelling) We get into Zeke's room and he has now been wildly woken up by us banging into his room like a group of crazy people. We do not know what made the sound, but we lowered Zeke's crib immediately. So, you can totally get how we freaked out so much...
Here are pictures of my sweet boy with his boo boo.

This is the day after, you can see the cut and a bruise under his eye


first bandaid

After he calmed down he got right back into a good mood

Poor guy

This wasn't right after he had been hurt, this was the next day, he was just having a moment...

4 comments:

Kim Tapp said...

Courtney, I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE how often you update your blog :). I can always count on you to have something new when everyone else is slacking off! Sorry about Zeke's booboo :(.

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

You crack me up! The gash is so tiny, but I'm sure it did bleed a lot. I definitely still think you could be nominated for Mom of the Year, even after this minor incident :)

Move In Ready Home! said...

Ha, ha!! I think I'm up for that award too. Hudson broke his leg when he was Zeke's age, remember? It doesn't get any easier watching your kids get bumps and scrapes. Even though Hudson is much tougher than he use to be, I still want to cuddle him every time he gets a scrape. Zeke is precious and I love that blond hair :)

The Huffmans said...

I think I might start putting bandaids on my kids just cause Zeke looked so cute sporting one! I want to email you but don't have your email address! For your chopstick question...they start em' early here! We just had a freind over last night who is not quite 2 1/2 and she uses both a spoon and chop sticks! We foreigners give our kids "trainer" chopsticks that have this special peice to help them learn to hold them! I could've used those when I first came here! Kudos to you for using chopsticks while eating Chinese!