feet

feet

Monday, April 20, 2009

Formula

No picture today. I didn't think crying and vomiting would be appreciated by anyone. (I did the crying and Zeke did the vomiting) We have made the decision to start transitioning over to formula, for a number of reasons. It has probably been the hardest decision we have made as parents to date. (yes, I know we will look back and laugh that this was a hard decision one day, but that day isn't today so please don't tell me that) Spence and I talked with friends and the pediatrician's office about formula choice. We went to BJ's and purchased Similac Advance. Saturday, Spence gave Zeke his bottle around 11. Zeke spit up during the feeding, then throws up afterwards. Spence and Zeke get bathed and changed. (I have been crying all the way through- even before any throwing up) Zeke is now just laying around on me. It has been about an hour and then he throws up again. We all end up with clothing changes. Round one for formula did not go well. We are going to try another type today and see how it goes. Please be praying for us. It not being a smooth transition is not making this decision easier...

4 comments:

Windot said...

I know that is very hard. Here is a thought... make sure you're not over feeding him and burp him real well. Ethan used to projectile vomit if I over fed him or didnt' burp him well. Like every ounce to begin with. When Ethan went on formula he also started getting constipated a lot from the iron. Our pediatrician recommended putting pear juice in his bottle and it did help with that. My recommendation for formula is Target brand... it is the exact same as Enfamil with Iron, except it is 11.99 a can instead of 24.99!!! Exact same ingredients all the way through. Those are just some thoughts, i'll be thinking about you guys during this time!!!!

Bobby and Brooke said...

I just said a prayer. You're right...you will probably look back one day and smile at all of this...but for now...it's a big obstacle and I'm praying hard for you and for Zeke!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey we went with the BJ brand b/c most of the time you could find a coupon in the BJ flyer for it and I would stock up on them then. I also started slowly first with mixing some that I pumped with formula so that she could slowly taste a change. It is hard and sad girl I know but it will pass and you guys will get through it. Stay strong and seek support from Spence and others around you. I wish I were there to help you!
Stefanie

Anonymous said...

I will second the Target brand suggestion as well as the wholesale store formula. It is a ton cheaper and it is the same as enfamil. I also did want Stef did with mixing the breastmilk with the formula. I will be praying for you as you continue to transition.
Alyson