feet

feet

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Deja Vu

That is what I felt Friday, when we took Ben's temperature and saw that it was 100.8. We know what fevers mean for babies. We have been here before, remember this. I called the doctor, we went, they sent us to the ER. Thankfully, I knew what was coming this time instead of hearing all this info for the first time. I was a LOT more emotional about everything this time, though. It may have been because Spence was home with Zeke and I was alone, or maybe because Ben is younger than Zeke was last year... I don't know, but I had a good cry in the car on the way to Wake Med and then was ok.
We were at Wake Med from 1-6 pm Friday. They did the whole work up, x-rays, spinal tap (yeah I know, but I would rather know he didn't have meningitis then find out too late), blood work, and anitbiotics. Once all of that came through, we found out that he had... a cold. Which is what we thought the whole time (Zeke, Spence, and I all have colds right now). We are thankful that Ben wasn't any younger because we would have had to stay 2 nights at the hospital.
I am thinking that I either need a personalized parking place right out from of the ER or a "frequent flyer" card to make checking in easier...
Please continue to pray for us. Yes, we are home, yes our son is healthy, but obviously those things can change so quickly.



They had to stick him 3 times to get his blood for the blood work, UGH!

So laid back...

The tourniquet (sp?) bruised him... he bruises like a peach!

This is how we found him when we came back in after the LP, he fell asleep while they did it!
catching up on sleep

We had a wardrobe change...

4 comments:

Bobby and Brooke said...

So glad that you are both home and feeling better!!! I don't know how you handled/tolerated all the poking...you're one strong Mommy! Love ya'll!

Jenn & David said...

oh Courtney, I am so sorry to hear about this. I agree with B&B...you are one strong Mommy!! What a praise that you are home now.

Catherine said...

Poor little Ben! Hope he's feeling better!

Katherine said...

OMG!! that is so sad! and scary! i would have more than freaked out.. i am SO glad he is ok!!!
btw.. kinsleys bday is passed.. so much for the cupcake-- my new state of constant sickness and my hate for food or thinking about it makes me incapable of making anything with food.. so thank you anyways.. sorry for not letting you know sooner.. anyhow, take care of that baby!! i hope you all feel better!