feet

feet

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Prayers needed please

Just a quick request. I started having contractions this morning around 1 am. They became regular around 3:15, we headed to the hospital to get things checked out around 4:45/5:00ish. I was there for about 3 hours getting fluids and some meds to slow down the labor. I am still having contractions, but they are not progressing. Because I am not full term yet, they won't do anything to speed up the labor process, but because I am not far from being ready they won't do anything more to stop the process. We were sent home around 8:30 this morning and Spence's mom has been here keeping Zeke while I have slept. (Oh and in other news I had to go to the courthouse for a ticket I had gotten, but that's a whole other story and really shows how redneck I am- Yes I was in labor at the courthouse today, go ahead make your comments)

So, why I am writing this? I am asking that you pray that Spence and I will have peace with whatever happens. Pray that we will feel God's hand through this entire thing, I know He is a big God and He knows when Ben is supposed to be here. Pray that while I am not contracting I can get rest. Pray also that we cherish these few hours/days/weeks we have left as a family of three. I realized today when I got home that it was going to be really hard being at the hospital and not seeing Zeke and then coming back home and not being able to do as much with him for a little while. Silly I know, but I missed him this morning...


We love ya'll and are so appreciative of your prayers.

4 comments:

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

Praying for you! Glad to know everything is okay. I hope God's peace will surround you and Spence!

I can't wait to meet little Benjamin!

Windot said...

Matt and I are thinking about ya'll and praying for you!

Michelle said...

We're praying for you. I'll be in Raleigh for work for the next 6 days straight, even through the weekend (bummer!), so please don't hesitate to call if you need something - I can be to you pretty quick! Love to all of you!

Jenn & David said...

I just saw this post...how are you feeling? I'll be praying for you Courtney!