feet

feet

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Farmer Spence

Spence has been fascinated by the thought of "living off the land" for a couple years now. My parents have had a garden for a while and Spence enjoys talking with daddy about what he grows. One of our neighbors has a garden and had extra cucumbers and peppers. Spence has obsessed over these plants since we got them. He has carefully watered, made sure they were growing, kept the bugs away as much as possible, and checked and rechecked on them continuously. Much to our surprise we found this cucumber growing the other night. Spence pulled it and gave it to our neighbor who originally gave us the plants.


Cucumber ready

Pepper not quite ready

Spence picking the pepper

Proud farmer Spence

3 comments:

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Glad he's getting some experience in picking veggies... I'm going to need help when the green beans, corn, squash, cukes, melons and cantaloupe all come in... I'll even buy him gloves if he'll come help pick!!!

Bobby and Brooke said...

Nothing that I want to say here sounds appropriate....Wow, nice pepper...I'm impressed with his cucumbers....see?!?!

Spence looks like he has some great produce...I can't stop!

Jeremy Wickersham said...

I asked Spence if he set up a table at the Farmer's Market so he could sell his one cucumber. Apparently his asking price of $30 would've been too high.