feet

feet

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

She's Better Than Dreams




Today I have the privilege of sharing Aftermath's new cd with you.  Last year, I reviewed their debut album.  When Jonathon informed me that they would be releasing a new one in January, I was so excited to get a sneak peek.  I have to say that as soon as you can get this, you really need to do so.  Not only did this make it onto my iPhone (first music ever on any i product for me, that's a pretty big deal I think), but I can't wait to burn it so I can have it in my car at all times. 
In my less than professional opinion, Jonathon's voice seems to have matured over the past year.  It isn't like we haven't heard him singing through out the year, but there is a quality to the cd that I hadn't heard before.  I like this album even more than the last.  I don't feel like that is always the case with music and I am so pleased it was this time.  I don't know how better to describe the cd except to say that I would want it playing all the time.  It is one that I catch myself humming and then realize that I am humming one of the songs.  Spence and I have already listened to it a few times and I find myself playing it around the house while I am going about my day. 
I highly recommend that in January you get this as soon as you can (January 10, 2012).  If you didn't get last year's debut Aftertaste of Abandonment, seriously go ahead and go get it so you can get familiar with this band. 
Here are the necessary details that you need to know;
*Album release January 10, 2012
*For more info on the band visit their website
*To stay up to the date on their latest info, follow on twitter @NotThePuritan
*If for some strange reason you missed out last year and did not get their first cd, please go here and get it now

No comments: