feet

feet

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A day of dr appointments

Monday was the day of doctors for us. I had my weekly ob appointment. Spence went with me just because of the craziness of the past week. Dr. Brannon asked when I wanted to have this baby, and I laughed. But he was being serious. He asked if I wanted to schedule an induction and I said SIGN ME UP!!! We are currently scheduled for October 22 at 6:30 am. If this were my first baby, he said he wouldn't have offered. But with the fact that Zeke was induced, went quickly, and had to be vacuumed, he thought it would be best for us to control as many of the factors as possible. Now, obviously we know that we are not the ones in control, and I praise God that my doctor is a man of great faith. (Seriously, the man quotes Scripture everytime we are there, and I feel like I need to study up on Systematic before my appointments) But I feel a peace about this decision and I am certainly excited about not going beyond the 22nd!!!

Then this afternoon Zeke and I ventured to the dentist. After 2 HOURS, me holding him screaming twice, him being held by the dentist screaming during xrays, and finding out that his tooth had not only gone up into the gum but has also moved crooked, we got to go home. You can feel the root of the tooth way up on his gum. So, we have to keep an eye to make sure that it comes down, and that it doesn't come down into the other teeth. It was pretty much an AWFUL experience because of missing a nap, waiting around forever, and having to physcially restrain Zeke. We go back in January to recheck things. I can't wait (with much sarcasm).

He didn't actually sit in the chair for anything but this picture

He was much more interested in this pillow than a photo op

You can see how the second tooth from the right is pushing against his front tooth


Another xray showing the tooth pushing in

Something cool about the xrays was that I got to see that he has two other teeth on the top that are on their way. Pretty cool, huh? Something ridiculous about the appointment was they recommended I start flossing his teeth. Really? Am I going to try to floss a 14 month old's teeth? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen folks.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

hey- i might be out of the loop but why are they going to induce you? :)

The Browns said...

Yay for the 22nd! From a mommy that has gone on her own, and been induced, I can't tell you that induction was the way to go for me! I hope #3 can be induced.

Now go floss your kids teeth.

Bobby and Brooke said...

He is one tough boy and you are one super Mommy! I admire you, your patience, and your strength! Keep up the good work!