feet

feet

Friday, August 14, 2009

Zeke's 1 year stats

We went to the dr. for his one year check up. Leslie came with us because Spence couldn't and I had a dr appt afterwards. Normally I wouldn't have needed someone, but with him getting shots and my appointment I knew I needed reinforcements. So here are his stats and then I thought I would share the fun things he is doing now.

Length: 25% (29 inches)
Weight: 50% (22 lbs and 13 oz)
Head: 75%

Yeah, we gotta short, bigheaded kid :-)

Here are some of the things he is doing now:
*says dada all the time! (very seldom does he say mama any more, tear)
*says go, ba (ball), hey, hey where you going (yeah I know it probably isn't that, but it totally sounds like it)
*climbs everything!!
*signs more and all done (sporadically, but uses all done frequently)
*throws food if he doesn't want it (lovely, huh)
*lays his head on our shoulder and snuggles to get out of being put down for naps or bed
*has begun acting shy/has a little seperation anxiety
*can walk holding onto one hand
*loves to climb into his green chair and hold a ball or read a book
*throws and kicks balls
*talks to himself in his crib before going to sleep
*has begun pouting/whining to try to get his way
*knows the word "no" (as in no biting, and will stop and grin at me when I say it)
*follows some commands such as come here
*can point to lots of objects- light, fan, ball, balloon, book, mama, dada, etc
*loves turning off and on the lights
*totally on cow's milk
*7 teeth and cutting more if his drool is any indication
*no bottles
*very little baby food
*blueberries are probably his favorite food, but he pretty much eats anything we give him
*he likes when we give him drink from our straws
*I think he may recognize Chick-fil-a (he gets excited when he sees my cup from there)
*still sleeps 12 hours most nights (except for waking up once a night crying for some reason...) and take 2 naps a day
*LOVES being outside (which means we have to get out early in this heat)

2 comments:

The Good Family said...

Oh- I'm sorry he has started pouting, but I have no idea what that is like...Avery must have skipped that stage- HAHA!!! I wish!

Bobby and Brooke said...

7 teeth seriously?!
12 hours of sleep a night....what a great accomplishment!

He is a great kid and has grown so much! I know you're super proud of him but you should also give yourself a little pat on the back...you've done a great job!