feet

feet

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bday Recap

Here is a recap of our day through pictures. I will be posting videos in posts in the next couple days...

Zeke napped just before the party. He actually fell asleep sitting up, but had fallen over by the time I got the camera. We had to wake him up from his nap for the party.
Waking him up to a house full of people didn't go too smoothly...

He didn't rip into any of his gifts, I guess his dad will have to teach him that another time...

His favorite gift was a book of course...

He loved the ribbons and bows on the gifts


Finally a smile!

The birthday cake


Some of the decorations

Yes, we made him wear this hat, no he didn't hate it.
Zeke very carefully touched the icing to begin with...

It was love at first taste though

If you look closely, you can see that he is eating the big sprinkles

He searched the cake over for the sprinkles, and cleared the entire side of the cake of all of them.

He then tried to pick the cake up for a bite. His dad helped him with that

He learned that he didn't need to pick the cake up to get a bite.

He has a beard out of cake and icing

Pondering if this is what heaven must be like...

He ate it all!
HA! Just kidding, but he did eat a lot...

This is the damage he did to the cake. He let us know when he was finished by signing his version of all done. We were able to clean him up fairly quickly.
We returned to opening gifts and he became more interested in the toys he was recieving. We opened a couple and he really liked testing the toys out. All in all, I think he had a pretty great day. I know that I have spent the day thinking back about where I was and what I was doing. It's been a difficult, but wonderful year. I am really looking forward to the next and all that is in store.

1 comment:

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

So cute! I'm quite impressed at how much he got into the cake! Of course, he is a boy...