feet

feet

Friday, March 5, 2010

How to cook a chicken

So, after many requests, people beating down my door, and talks of a cookbook (HA!) I am posting my super secret recipe. I have two now because we have had it again and I spiced things up a bit.

Roasted Chicken:
Preheat oven to 400. Remove insides (ewww, yuck). Rinse off chicken and pat dry. Rub with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 65 minutes. DONE! Easy Peasy, right?

Sweet and Sour Chicken (recipe stolen from magazine when I went for my kidney stone appt):
Preheat oven to 400. Mix together 1 tbs each of brown sugar, oregano, chili powder, and olive oil, and 1/4 tsp pepper and 3/4 tsp salt. Remove insides (ewww, yuck). Rinse of chicken and pat dry. Rub chicken with mixture. Bake for 65 minutes. DONE!

I like them both and am now obsessed with baking whole chickens. Seriously, it is easy and so yummy! Let me know how it goes if you try it out.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

The only thing that is preventing me from undertaking this task is the whole "remove insides" thing. I just cannot do it... and am not really even sure what kind of "insides" I would be removing!

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Wow Courtney!! I'm impressed and so proud!!!