feet

feet

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day- Christ is better

Better than your desire to be pregnant or bring a child home through adoption
Better than the mom that is no longer with you
Better than the child you buried way too soon
Better than the "perfect obedient" son or daughter
Better than the child who has lost their way
Better than that moment where you see your child's picture for the first time in the referral
Better than the dark moment as you are miscarrying
Better than the first time you hold your baby
Better than the moment your child returns to you from rebellion
Better than the positive pregnancy test or the negative pregnancy test. 
Better than the perfect Pinterest birthday party
Better than the clean house, well dressed children, and delicious and nutritious meal you prepared


I haven't experienced all of these, but the ones I have I know that Christ is better. 7 years ago, I desperately wanted to be pregnant. It became almost an obsession with why my body failed me. Christ is better than the baby He has blessed me to mother.  He is better than that sweet boy who made me mama and better than each of the babes that have followed. Christ is better than the surprise positive test when we had a 2 year old and 1 year old already. He is better than the emptiness I felt when Rae went to be with The Lord at almost 12 weeks. He is better than the next babies I have carried with great fear to delivery and are now 2 years and 7 months. He is better than the days that I pack healthy lunches, wash/fold/put away the clothes (hello anyone else have baskets of clean laundry for weeks?!?!), the super fun Pinterest worthy crafts, the healthy and yummy dinner I prepare, the kids who quote their Awana verse correctly. He is better than the days that I yell at my kids, ignore my husband, and serve goldfish for dinner.  
In times of joy or despair, He is better.  So for each of you in one of these places today, I am praying for you. I am praying for you to see past your current circumstances. I am praying you will see that Christ is better. 


No comments: