feet

feet

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blanket, blankie, lovey

Zeke LOVES his blanket. When he was small we swaddled him. We actually swaddled him when he wasn't so small. We had to go buy large blankets so that we could continue swaddling. Zeke did grow out of being swaddled, but he still loves his blankets. I actually think they have contributed to his waking up happy now. Ridiculous maybe, but he generally always wakes up happy and didn't really before he started just sleeping with them. They are super soft and huge. We can take them anywhere for him to lay on and play. They are lightweight enough to cover his head and face outside if it is windy. Zeke is able to pull them off easily for peek-a-boo. Plus I got some super cute ones! Here is the question though... what should we call it? I feel obligated by all the cute other mommies that come up with cute names for things to call it something other than a blanket. But I am not sure how I feel about my son calling something a blanket or a lovey. Please submit your suggestions.

Waking up happy

Sound asleep

Snuggled up

He covers himself up

I think he is dreaming about talking on the phone

This is generally how he sleeps with the blanket

Where's Zeke?

9 comments:

The Browns said...

well you know that ak calls hers covey? covie? i've never spelt it out before, but you know...

The Good Family said...

Avery has a little blanket w/ a bear head on it and he calls it his "BoBo"

Lauren said...

I definitely need one of those... not the blanket, but a cute kid

Bobby and Brooke said...

Love the blanket pictures. He sure looks like he sleeps fine when you see pictures...ha!!!

Anyways, Brenden calls his blanket his "nite nite", mainly because it was not something he had all day, just at "nite nite" times.

However, don't feel pressured by other mommies on naming things...calling a blanket a blanket is not harmful to Zeke at all...plus...once he starts talking he'll call it whatever he wants to anyways! ;)

veronicagreear said...

how about something like "buddy" or pal? (i think buddy sounded better when I read that, but you get teh gist.)

The Carey's said...

So sweet cuddling with the blanket! Since Hudson isn't talking either, I have nothing to offer on the name

Move In Ready Home! said...

Hudson and Addi both have blankys. I still have my weesy from when I was little :) And no, it won't make him any less of a man to call it something other than a blanket :)

Anonymous said...

When Reade was little, he called his blanket... woobie. Well, he might still call blankets woobies... but you didn't hear that from me ;)

Spence said...

its a blanket.